A rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading, iconic Media Publishing brands, as PA to Editor/ Editor's Assistant.
Suitable candidates must possess relevant experience within publishing, coupled with strong business & commercial acumen, and a genuine interest within politics & current affairs.
Our client is keen to appoint an Assistant who is incredibly organised, possesses fantastic initiative and who can juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, whilst providing effective PA support to The Editor.
Skills/ experience required:
- Self-motivated with excellent initiative.
- Strong interest in current affairs and British politics.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the proven ability to prioritise, and manage a busy workload and work to tight deadlines.
- Able to work with the utmost discretion and tact.
- Proficient using Zoom and other virtual meeting software.
- Strong software skills including MS Excel and PowerPoint
The successful candidate will be self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. They will have a clear understanding of current affairs that will inform research for editorials and newsletters. They will be responsible for coordinating the interface between editorial and commercial teams alongside administering the day-to-day operation of the newsroom in a fast moving deadline driven environment. They will be expected to deal directly with high profile business and political leaders as well as senior media figures.
- Assist the editor and other senior staff with administrative tasks.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners.
- Manage a busy diary.
- Undertake research on complex subjects to help prepare background for editorials and newsletters.
- Liaise with external producers and journalists and brief the Editor for regular media appearances.
- Monitor the Editor's inbox and reply on the Editor's behalf when appropriate.
- Handle personal tasks when required.
- Continuous Improvement - Works in a smart, flexible and focused way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration - Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability - Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service - Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
Please note: this role will be based in our client's London office- remote working is not available
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.