Handle Recruitment are proud to be working with one of the World's leading manufacturers of consumer electronics products and services! We are seeking an experienced Paralegal to provide both legal and administrative support within a very busy, dynamic Legal Department.
- Supporting the Senior Counsel, Senior Investigators and other members of the Intellectual Property Enforcement Team
- Assisting with drafting and amending cease and desist letters, take-down notices and other enforcement communications, powers of attorney, experts reports and other documentation, based on pre-approved templates;
- Tracking letters and notices, diarizing deadlines and monitoring infringer compliance;
- General administration of documentation and reporting relating to enforcement cases;
- Assisting with online target investigations;
- Reviewing target and investigations reports and making a basic assessment of IP infringement issues for further review by other members of the team
Required skills/ experience:
LLB & LPC qualified
Advances Software skills, including MS Office and MACs
Excellent data capturing and report writing skills and experience
Experience of working either within the in-house legal team of a major corporate organisation or law firm as a paralegal or legal assistant (2 years or more experience preferable)
Legal education or training in the form of a law degree, GDL or other legal qualification
Knowledge of intellectual property rights and experience of working with intellectual property, preferably in an enforcement context
Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills are essential
Flexibility and willingness to take on a varied workload, including some urgent work out of office hours
Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, and external vendors including outside counsel and investigators as required
Fluency in English is mandatory, with other language skills a bonus.
A passion for media and technology and genuine desire to work In-House
Friendly, upbeat personality; must have the ability to work well with others and equally as competent when working independently.
This is a full time rolling contract role for 1-2 years, with possibility to convert to a permanent role.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.