Part Qualified Financial Accountant - Publishing - Central London
Part Qualified Financial Accountant required for an innovative publishing company based in Central London. This Financial Accountant role is responsible for supporting the senior finance team in day to day running and to assist in strengthening the financial control function.
This role sits within a vibrant, open planned office reporting directly into the Financial Controller. This is a very exciting opportunity to join in a time of growth and expansion.
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA is essential
Previous Financial Accounting experience within a similar role
- Experience with Inter company and Group Consolidations
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount
- Commercially aware
- IT literate with strong MS Excel skills (Vlookups, Sumiffs)
- Ability to effectively prioritise, achieve deadlines and carry out instructions as appropriate
- Preparation of monthly management reporting
- Preparing and reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing commissions calculations on a monthly basis, working alongside the credit control and sales teams
- Working alongside accounts receivable, accounts payable and treasury to create a strong weekly cash flow forecast, including currency analysis and strategy
- Ownership of the fixed asset register
- Ownership of FX rates and monitoring monthly currency revaluation process.
- Quarterly preparation of VAT returns, ECSL returns and other compliance.
- Assist in maintaining medium to long term financial forecasting.
- Assist Group Financial Controller to create and enforce a stronger Financial Control Policy, including ownership of the finance policy handbook
- Assisting in any tax matters that arise
- Assist in preparation for the annual audit
- Any other ad hoc duties
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.