Handle Recruitment is seeking a part time event manager to work 2.5 days a week for the next six months for an awards ceromony and conference.
As the Event Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing strong relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparing the event budget in conjunction with the transport and marketing managers.
- Managing and owning pre-site and onsite communication with internal and external presenters, colleagues, delegates, sponsors and third-party suppliers.
- Owning detailed timeline plans for delivery including schedules, task assignments, equipment and everything required to deliver the event.
- To chair and co-ordinate a regular team meeting, ensuring actions are recorded.
- Sourcing providers/suppliers and negotiate the best terms for the highest quality of service within budget.
- Working with transport colleagues to ensure sponsorship income is secured and manage sponsorship relationships
- Identifying all aspects of event risk assessment and crisis management planning strategies.
- Ensuring speakers/presenters are briefed and prepared to provide effective presentations and materials.
- To troubleshoot and smooth issues relating to the successful execution of the event and consult with Marketing/Transport team as appropriate.
- Working with PR and marketing teams to ensure that events received optimal media coverage when required.
- Conducting post-event analysis and debriefing sessions and make any necessary recommendations for future events.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven events management experience in a fast paced environment.
- Proven experience of proactively identifying challenges before they become problems and reactively solving issues that arise during an event.
- Attention to detail during the planning and delivery of events.
- Previous budgetary responsibility and ability to deliver to the agreed budget.
- Excellent influencing, organising, planning and negotiation skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
Please get in touch or apply now for a further conversation!
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.