We are currently working on an exciting newly created Payments Supervisor role for a high street retailer, reporting into the Head of Transactional Accounts and managing a team of 3 your role will include:
- Checking all payments made by Accounts Payable ensuring accuracy
- Uploading payment details to the on line bank portal, ensuring all bank detail changes have been verified
- Reviewing bank transfer file details and ensuring approvals have occurred
- Investigate and respond to Treasury for any payment related queries.
- Investigating and posting returned payments and supplier refunds, manage changes in line with audit requirements
- Follow up and arrange timely repayment of returned payments
- Update and investigate Aging related to Unallocated Cash and Prepayments
- Point of contact for AP for all payment queries and proof of payment requests
- Reviewing Statement Reconciliations against provisions
- Review current processes and suggest ideas for efficiencies and improvements.
- Carry out regular team meetings updating the team on a weekly basis
- Setting and monitoring team objectives
This is a great opportunity for an experienced AP clerk to step up into a management level role or for an AP Supervisor to move into a new area diversifying their skill set.
Its is essential that all applicants have experience dealing with a high volume of multi-currency payments, an understanding of TT, ACH, SEPA & BACS payments would be highly beneficial.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.