Performance Engineer - e-Commerce, Java
Working for an internationally recognised e-commerce brand, we're on the lookout for an experienced Performance Engineer / Performance Tester to support the tech teams in identifying and understanding performance characteristics and bottlenecks across applications and architecture.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced software developer and able to design, develop, execute and maintain a performance test suite in a mixed technology environment having worked on large-scale distributed software and systems.
- Load and performance integrity
- Deliver Load and Performance test strategies for large scale transactional environments.
- improve scalability, performance and uptime.
- Oversee performance modelling and profiling across the end-to-end architecture.
- assist in developing high performing code and services.
- Automate code and configuration deployment
- Implement best in class engineering practices and continuous improvement
- Manage performance test environments and architecture
- Java, C, PHP, Ruby, Python OR similar software development experience
- defining and implementing performance test strategies.
- Performance analysis, modelling, profiling and troubleshooting skills.
- networks, load balancing and firewalls.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application key performance indicators.
- Understanding of throughput, latency, concurrency memory and CPU utilisation.
- load generation and measurement software.
- LoadRunner, Sitescope, Openview, JMeter, TheGrinder, Facilita, YourKit JProbe etc
- Service Orientated Architecture (SOA)
- Performance Testing JAVA based systems on Linux/AIX/DB2 platforms.
If you have Excellent communication skills, highly motivated and able to manage your own tasks, as well at meet the above requirements - with a passion for Performance Engineer / Performance Tester please apply for the role or contact Robert on 0207 569 9971
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.