Due to expansion of the company, the newly created role will initially be a 6 month contract with the opportunity to go permanent towards the beginning of 2018. The successful candidate will analyse, forecast and communicate pricing performance, including benchmarking competitors and working closely with the wider teams in London and local teams across Europe. This position requires a highly numerate person who is excited to identify actionable insights that will help redefine the pricing model.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the competitive environment, and report on the product line(s), and consulting for the senior category leaders.
- Analyse business drivers such as traffic, pricing trends, and marketing and merchandising results and translate them into suggested actions and applicable projects.
- Develop and execute promotional campaigns and constantly apply learning from past campaigns in a continuous improvement cycle.
- Take vast amounts of data in raw formats and translate into a digestible insights.
- Define the list of high priority projects to ensure alignment of initiatives and the roadmaps.
- Manage new project intake and ensure that all the high priority projects have enough resources internally and externally.
- Execute selected projects on time and with high quality standards.
- Effectively communicate projects progress within the organisation. Gain buy-in and understanding from product owners and business managers
- Manage launches of major new releases regarding pricing, coordinating teams across the business.
- Owning specific pricing levers and driving through improvements to our product and supply
- Working with the wider marketing, finance and product teams to ensure results and reporting for pricing is fair and accurate.
- Driving pricing innovation in conjunction with a pipeline of pricing-related tests. Work with development team to scope out and implement new reports and tools.
- Identify how pricing levers can be used to drive growth and profitability across our channels and points of sale worldwide.
- Handle complex problems and large datasets
- Ensure the accuracy of data and reports to ensure the highest quality of standards
Key Skill and Experience:
- Professional experience in a consumer centric environment, ideally in media, ecommerce or subscription based products.
- Outstanding analytical skills and experience in planning and forecasting.
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas.
- Action and results oriented mentality, combined with the ability to work in a demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a must.
- Ability to problem-solve using creative thinking and innovation.
- Proven experience in pricing, commercial or analytical role ideally in an international environment.
- Experience in owning and managing multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Strong analytical and financial skills, needed to solve complex business issues with minimum supervision (strong Excel skills required, database skills a plus)
- Previous experience of using technical knowledge of how to analyse / measure the financial and commercial impact of price
- Interested in understanding a highly complex pricing model and keen to make a sizable impact on the business through recommendations
- Advanced expertise using Excel and SQL. Experience with Tableau would also be a plus.
- Highly confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail.
- A working understanding of Web analysis tools such as Google Analytics etc
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.