Principal / Lead Java Developer - Media, Java 8
We currently have a Lead Java Developer role available for a global Media company. We are looking for a lead Java Developer who is comfortable taking on a technical leadership position. This is a critical role where hands-on technology leadership as well as suggesting Process and Application improvements is key. They is a great opportunity with flexibility to use modern frameworks.
- Fluent in Java (preferably Java 8) and common Java-based frameworks
- Design and development of REST-based APIs
- Service based architectures
- Event-bus based frameworks
- vert.x, node.js, Java NIO, Erlang, etc..
- NoSQL and SQL-based Modeling
- consuming side of REST-based APIs (mobile apps, modern web based apps)
- Gradle, Go, Docker, Vagrant, Git
- Junit, Geb, Spock
- Deployment to PaaS-type environments (EC2 or similar)
- Perform hands-on participation in team coding.
- Design scalable databases to deploy content to web applications used by millions of people through publically accessible, restful APIs.
- Develop and improve upon algorithms that help deliver relevant content to users and that learn over time.
- Design self-maintaining systems that create and reorganize hierarchy from user metrics.
- Work with internal clients and vendors.
- Set up servers and stacks confidently.
- Project management skills including ability to manage small to large projects.
- Creates project architecture and designs, creates detailed development plans for projects.
Nice to Have's:
- Exposure to VoD/OTT/TVE type of services
- JVM-based languages (Scala, Groovy, Clojure, JRuby, Jython)
- Video related technologies
- Large consumer facing services with associated requirements on scalability, high performance, redundancy, and minimal downtime deployments
- Kanban and/or scrum based development processes
If you feel you skill set matches the above requirements, please send your CV through or contact Robert on 0207569 9971.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.