Procurement Assistant - Food Sector
Based in Central London (Although due to Covid 19 - currently working from home)
My client is one of the UK's largest online grocers, who have had great success supplying to the UK and Europe and branched out last year to launch a very successful home deliver recipe box subscription service offering pre-measured ingredients and straightforward instruction cards for cooking authentic World food.
They are looking for someone to join their ever expanding team as a Procurement Assistant based from their Central London HQ. As the Procurement Assistant you will be responsible for planning and maintaining the raw material stock and placing daily and weekly orders. You will be a team player who works very closely with all internal teams and will be a key person who communicates with both the suppliers and the warehouse operation team. The team is enthusiastic, passionate about what they do and very supportive. The company strives to hire people who are innovative and are not afraid to come up with new creative ideas for the business!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Generate the stock data from the Order management system.
- Place the orders with Suppliers. Get the confirmation on deliveries and add on Planner.
- Send pre-advise to warehouse and book the deliveries.
- Add and create new products on OMS.
- Update cost price changes on OMS and on other relevant sales channel.
- Inform any delays in stock arrival to Procurement and Operations leads (find short term alternatives too).
- Provide any data and analysis reports required.
- Work closely with wholesale Personal and fulfil any stock requirements.
- Make sure that stock does not fall below par level.
- Keep an eye on slow moving inventory and keep Operations, Procurement, Marketing and NPD lead so stock can be used within its shelf life to avoid any wastage.
- Excellent communication skills both written and Oral.
- Excellent IT skills. MS Excel, Google sheets, MS Word, Google docs and PowerPoint.
- Good Numerical and Analytical skills.
- Previous experience working with an online subscription business will be advantageous especially within the food industry.
- Good time management skills and should be able to work alone and in team.
- Experience in using different online sales channels Amazon, Shopify etc.
- Must be able to commute daily to Head office in London.
- It would be highly advantageous if you had any procurement related qualifications like CIPS.
- Competitive salary package including share scheme and pension.
- Taste test all the new recipes coming from their kitchen.
- Staff discount for the company subscription food boxes.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.