Service Design Lead (Product Experience)
London, up to 60 000 p. a.
They are now looking for their next Service Design Lead to bridge their UX Research and Product teams.
This is a great and challenging role for an experienced service designer who can dive into the creation of exceptional user journeys across eleven brands.
You will be working closely with Product manager, UX researchers and designers to give a clear direction in product experience across the board. You will be working on a range of large-scale projects and activities, holistically approaching all the brands and zooming in and out on different stages of each user's journey.
This role would be ideal for a creatively driven service designer who would like to take their creativity further and work on large-scale digital products across different teams.
You will be confident to work individually and even though you won't be directly managing a team you have to be a strong collaborator as you will be directing projects across teams based in different locations.
This role requires occasional travel to other locations in UK and Poland so you need to be happy with travel and directing multinational teams.
Skills, experience and interests required for the Service Design Lead (Product Experience):
- A solid and demonstrable background driving experience strategy.
- Expertise in product roadmaps, research insights implementation and revision.
- Proven expertise in service design and ideally in UX, product or interaction design or product management (the more disciplines, the better).
- Evaluation and monitoring of experience maps, ensuring product development is solving genuine user problems.
- Good technical knowledge of a full lifecycle of product development and testing.
- Analytical approach to design, good idea about design research and product design tools and methods.
- Proven track record of
- Experience in leading new initiatives, encouraging collaboration across different teams and projects.
- Ability to objectively find the right balance between immediate and longer-term benefits and priorities.
- Ability to synthesise and see the bigger picture in design decision making.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.