A Quickly Growing, dynamic Film and Entertainments Company in London are looking for a Production accountant to joint their team on 12 month Fixed Term Contract. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Production accountant to join a busy, growing team. If you are a production accountant with strong experience with productions in either the theatre, film, tv or live events industry please do not hesitate to get in touch:
The Production Accountant will be fully responsible for delivering realistic financial forecasts and budgets for productions, accurate tracking and reporting of costs and giving strong financial support to production team.
- Work closely with the Producer and Production Team, providing financial insight into the production and assisting with production queries as they arise
Budgeting, Forecasting & Analysis:
- Deliver budgeting, forecasting and analysis, including helping the Producer to prepare budgets and forecasts (depending on time in the production cycle)
- Evaluating the cost implications of any production changes
- Monitoring production expenditure and projections against budget
- Provide any other ad hoc analysis as required
- Monitor spending against approved budgets, ensuring all payments are correctly authorised and correspond with relevant agreements
- Work closely with the bookkeeper, overseeing all production payments and petty
- Ensure corporate control procedures and policies are adhered to within the production
- Prepare weekly revenue reports, analysing all income streams
- Reconcile all revenue streams with box office reports, partner statements etc.
- Report costs and revenue forecasts through a weekly meeting with the Producer, Operations Director, and Finance Director
- Report monthly production finance with insights/recommendations when necessary
- Provide rolling weekly cash flow forecasts to the Financial Controller
- Previous experience as a production accountant
- Strong bookkeeping and accountancy skills
- Competent user of Excel and accounting systems.
- Knowledge of Xero would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills and be highly personable, able to influence your colleagues and ensure buy-in to financial processes and discipline
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.