An excellent opportunity for a Production accountant has just risen with a leading Production Company in London. Reporting to the Production Finance Manager, this role will be responsible for the day to day production accounts duties for a range of shows across the Company:
- Working with Production Managers and their production teams to ensure accurate financial control of all production costs.
- Monthly and weekly meetings with production managers to report and discuss all productions, highlighting any concerns and reporting on production variances.
- Working with Shared Finance Centre to ensure key supplier payments managed to ensure timely payments.
- Overseeing production floats and cash requirements for productions.
- Be the initial point of contact for all financial matters for the allocated productions; liaising with both the purchase ledger department and management accountants.
- Monitoring all spend on allocated productions, including petty cash spend, expense claims as well as internal recharges.
- Reviewing cost reports, including current spend and projected costs.
- Preparing weekly cashflows for relevant productions; invoicing broadcasters and monitoring outstanding debts.
- Taking responsibility for final reports and paperwork once the production is complete.
- Assessing overall production profitability for forecasting & management account purposes.
- Preparing and participating in audits
- Ad hoc projects where necessary.
Personal Individual Requirements
- Proven production accounting experience:Production accounting experience with a good knowledge of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of Film and Television industry guidelines
- Ability to take a overview of projects
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach to work
- Good time management skills
- PMI, advantageous
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.