An International Television Production Company are looking for a Television Production Accountant to join their busy team on a contract basis.
Reporting into the Production Finance Manager the Production Accountant will have responsibility for the day to day production accounts duties for a range of shows across Remarkable company.
- Working with Production Managers and their production teams to ensure accurate financial control of all production costs.
- Reviewing cost reports, including current spend and projected costs
- Be the initial point of contact for all financial matters for the allocated productions; liaising with both the purchase ledger department and management accountants.
- Monitoring all spend on allocated productions, including petty cash spend, expense claims as well as internal recharges.
- Preparing weekly cashflows for relevant productions; invoicing broadcasters and monitoring outstanding debts.
- Taking responsibility for final reports and paperwork once the production is complete. Periodic closure of completed productions.
- Assessing overall production profitability for forecasting & management account purposes.
- Preparing accounts and participating in audits
- Ad hoc projects where necessary (e.g. production spend analysis)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Production accounting experience with a good knowledge of accounting principles.
- The ability to work independently and manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Good Excel skills are essential
- Awareness of the legal requirements of the production process
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with finance and non-finance staff members at all levels.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.