Handle are working with a TV Production Company on the search for a Production Accountant who will be reporting to the Financial Controller and is the intermediate between the finance and the production to ensure the finance approval processes are followed. You will be working closely with the Head of Production and the production team.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Production Support & Reporting
- Accurate cost reporting of productions
- Identifying and resolving any discrepancies on the cost reports with production manager.
- Responsible for setting up new productions on Just Produce (JP), ensuring the correct access privileges are given in line with peoples roles
- Assisting in training new Production staff in using Just Produce/Navision
- Monthly meetings with HoP, Production Execs, Financial Controller and Senior Management Accountant to monitor finance related issues within Production
- Fortnightly Production update meetings with PM's
- Organising finance start-up meetings with Production Management team when new shows are commissioned
- Monitor reconciliation and posting of monthly Post Production invoices
- Trouble-shooting issues for production teams on JP
- Ensuring productions are closed properly
- Reporting of monthly deliveries for revenue recognition
- Tracking and reviewing monthly recoveries
- Fortnightly Variance reporting
- Checking and authorising weekly Supplier payment runs via our Barclays online banking system .Net
- Checking and authorising the monthly Freelance payment runs and ensuring that invoices adhere to HMRC guidelines.
- Checking and authorising via .Net the PAYE/Schedule E production payroll on a monthly basis
- Liaise with the Transactional Services team at head office regarding any financial issues arising.
General Accounting & Systems
- Working with the management accountant to resolve any issues between JP & SAP
- Liaise with the systems team to ensure any new JP updates take account of Production needs. Ensure that updates are tested, fully communicated and training provided for the production teams.
- Be a JP "Super-user," involving dealing with ad hoc queries and general systems admin
- Monthly review of Revenue invoices raised to Broadcasters
Petty Cash, Credit Cards and Expenses
- Ensure credit card reconciliations & expenses processed
- Overseeing petty cash and issuance of petty cash floats / returns
- Control and reconcile all production petty cash to production from Navision to SAP
- Assist in year-end audit and ensuring effective month end closures
- Responsible for calculating & filing the FEU quarterly return
- Responsible for Foreign bank transfers to creditors
- Ad hoc tasks
- Must have experience as a Production Accountant
- Must have a proven track record in TV Production
- Must have cost management experience
- £35k- £45k plus package with benefits
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.