Handle are working with a TV Production Company on the search for a Production Accountant who will be reporting to the Financial Controller and is the intermediate between the finance and the production to ensure the finance approval processes are followed. You will be working closely with the Head of Production and the production team.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Production Support & Reporting
- Accurate cost reporting of productions
- Identifying and resolving any discrepancies on the cost reports with production managers
- Responsible for setting up new productions
- Assisting in training new Production staff
- Monthly meetings with HoP, Production Execs, Financial Controller and Senior Management Accountant to monitor finance related issues within Production
- Fortnightly Production update meetings with PM's
- Organising finance start-up meetings with Production Management team when new shows are commissioned
- Monitor reconciliation and posting of monthly Post Production invoices
- Trouble-shooting issues for production teams
- Ensuring productions are closed properly
- Reporting of monthly deliveries for revenue recognition
- Tracking and reviewing monthly recoveries
- Fortnightly Variance reporting
- Checking and authorising weekly Supplier payment runs via our Barclays online banking system .Net
- Checking and authorising the monthly Freelance payment runs and ensuring that invoices adhere to HMRC guidelines.
- Checking and authorising via .Net the PAYE/Schedule E production payroll on a monthly basis
- Liaise with the Transactional Services team at head office regarding any financial issues arising.
- Assist in year-end audit and ensuring effective month end closures
- Responsible for calculating & filing the FEU quarterly return
- Responsible for Foreign bank transfers to creditors
- Ad hoc tasks
- Must have experience as a Production Accountant
- Must have a proven track record in TV Production
- Must have cost management experience
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.