Box Plus is the UK's biggest music video network with an eclectic portfolio of music channels; The Box, Box Upfront, Box Hits, 4Music, Kiss, Magic and Kerrang!, alongside a suite of digital products; Box Plus (website and app) and BeBox (www.beboxmusic.com).
An incredible opportunity has arisen for a Production Director to join at this exciting time where they are transforming from its roots as a music television channels business through the development of original content production across multiple platforms.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director, the Production Director will lead all the creation of compelling multi-platform content for the youth audiences and play a pivotal role in Box's senior management team and in the future strategy of the business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the production of all original content, across all platforms, whether commissioned internally or externally
- Deliver on the vision of establishing Box Plus as a significant producer of youth entertainment content working alongside the MD and FD to develop the production business model to drive sustainable and profitable growth
- Work alongside the Programming Director and Digital Director to ensure output remains distinctive and the content draws new audiences to the channels, driving engagement across the network
- Form part of the core senior team of directors providing leadership and strategic insight for the whole business
- Oversees the production team and ensuring they are set up and supported to deliver on key company objectives
- Collaborate with the Brand Solutions team to deliver compelling content on behalf of brand partners, delivering campaign objectives and securing new and return business
- Continue to innovate the approach to content production, embracing emerging and digital methodologies to produce cost effective and relevant content to a mobile first and socially active audience
- Drive storytelling across channels and platforms, leveraging technology and talent to make the network work as a network and extending the relationship with the audience across devices, platforms and contexts
The ideal candidate will have a plethora of experience in producing original and engaging youth entertainment content across broadcast and digital platforms. You will have demonstrable success in creating an innovative production company and have the ability to lead, develop and inspire a group of super creative and talented individuals. A key understanding of ratings and metrics for youth TV and digital channels and how to apply creative and content to drive positive impact of these is essential as is experience of applying new digital technologies to enhance content storytelling for youth media channels.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.