Production Finance Manager - TV Production
Highly successful and rapidly growing Television Production Company are expanding the Finance team. They are looking for a Production Finance Manager, this is a newly created role which will take full ownership of the production accountancy function and oversee the production accounting team.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the role will incorporate the following responsibilities:
- Supervise the Production Accounting Team including start up and closure of productions
- Strengthen internal control systems between finance and production.
- Supervise and Maintaining all Production Accounting Manuals and policies and templates
- Ensuring productions are budgeted, reconciled and reported correctly both for internal and external purposes
- Oversee scripted Production Accountants, often off site and consolidating the accounting within the Company
- Oversee and monitor Production Tax Credits and training rebates
- Provide up-to-date financial information on all finance matters and production/developments
- Oversee the running of development budgets and recoveries
- Co-ordinate monthly production finance meetings
- Provide Production Accounting support on complex shows as and when required
- Review Production accounting schedule and workloads
- Oversee and manage Production petty cash, Fair FX and credit card positions to ensure these are kept up to date, accurate and cash is following compliance
The preferred candidate will need to add value to an intimate and fast evolving team.
They must demonstrate:
- Solid TV production accounting experience, across multiple productions, genres and territories
- Strong relationships with Broadcasters
- Excellent understanding of production payroll process, PACT/Equity agreements and tax requirements
- Experience with PMI, strong Excel and other production accounting systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Displays buckets of flexibility, initiative and resourcefulness
- Track record of managing a team and nurturing production accountancy talent
- Passion and consumer of content
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.