Are you an experienced Production Manager looking to take on an exciting new role in the Theatre industry?
Our client is seeking a Production Manager who will become an integral part in the day to day running of a fantastic and growing Theatre Production company located in South East London.
You will liaise with all in-house departments, co-producers, creatives, casts, technical teams (both internal and external), suppliers and venues.
A large part of your role will be to oversee the delivery of all productions on time and in budget.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with drive, enthusiasm and a passion for Theatre!
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Creation of the production budgets with the CFO and Producer; managing the production elements of all budgets
- Sourcing, with approval from the Producers, all technical staff for all productions and therefore acting as line manager
- Advising the Production & Programming Administrator of any dates of accommodation necessary for any technical team members or creatives
- Making regular contact and visits where necessary to production staff
- Managing the balance of the creatives' artistic vision in relation to budget capabilities, with support from the Producer, where necessary
- Collate technical riders for venues and share with appropriate staff members and creatives
- Share all technical specifications with venues
- Liaising with creative teams and managing initial concept through to realisation of full design
- Working as the leading member of the production team
- Instructing the Production & Programming Administrator to organise and liaise with all necessary creatives/producers to ensure that production meetings are scheduled in advance
- Leading all production meetings
- Liaising with all suppliers to source necessary equipment within budget
- Attend at least one rehearsal run of the production before technical week, where practical
- Organise all transporting of equipment from venue to venue and rehearsals
- To assist and advise the Programming & Development Producer when booking tours, on all technical and logistic concerns
- Scheduling of all technical rehearsal weeks
- Produce crew calls and touring schedule for the production team
- Creation of all necessary risk assessments in agreement with national guidelines
- Implementation and training of any company members and technical teams
- Work with the General manager to improve all health and safety policies and advise Producers on any health and safety concerns
- To attend company events, previews, press nights and performances as required
- To represent the company at productions, events and conferences nationally and internationally
- At least 3 years' experience in a Production Manager (or equivalent) role, within the arts sector
- Evidence of managing large teams of creatives, technicians and production staff
- Experience of leading and managing projects of various scales
- Substantial experience in creating and managing budgets
- Excellent knowledge of touring commercial theatre
- Existing positive relationships with venues (regional theatres) across the UK is a bonus!
- Excellent leadership, management and influencing skills
- Extensive understanding of technical aspects of productions, including technical staff job roles and requirements
- A good working knowledge of BECTU agreements and standard industry employment practices is ideal!
- You must be a highly efficient and organised individual who possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team worker; able to delegate and take control whilst listening to and valuing others' contributions
- Passion for the theatre and developing audiences in the UK and overseas
- Willingness to travel both in the UK and overseas, when necessary
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Commitment to managing a busy and sometimes conflicting work schedule
- Ability to remain calm in the face of difficult and high pressure situations
- Ability to manage challenging personalities and avoid confrontation
This will be a contact initially before converting to permanent- the process is moving very quickly. Please do not hesitate and apply today!
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.