Are you a Programme Planner who is passionate about Celebrity/Lifestyle Entertainment? If so this is the role for you!
The Programme Planner is a strategic forward planning role, working with the Head of Programming to plan the channel within Africa, with a specific focus on South Africa. This role is responsible for utilising all programme inventories in a creative and cost effective way, producing compelling monthly schedules taking into account the best possible research and considering local market trends.
* Work closely with the Head of Programme Planning in to devise and deliver a competitive channel strategy and forward plan which is consistent with global brand
* Own, discuss, communicate and present channel plans at a range of forums
* Plan programme grids from start to entry into the system (Landmark)
* Develop short to long term planning strategy and produce monthly grids that are creative and competitive
* Manage and execute the non-linear service requirements of all relevant platforms
* Develop ideas & concepts for the channel each month including weekends, stunts, strands, marathons and seasons around themes, calendar events
* Work closely with the Research, Marketing and Creative departments to ensure the schedules are fully supported
* Ensure Planning is within OFCOM and/or local regulatory guidelines
* Be the point of contact for all queries on the channel from Marketing, On-Air and Operations
Skills & Experience:
* Experience of programme planning non-scripted content.
* Passionate about TV and interested in the world of US celebrity.
* Knowledge of the African market is key.
* Excellent organisation and time management skills.
* Able to apply creative and strategic thinking to a TV channel brand
* A methodical approach and great attention to detail.
* Able to work in a team as well as self-directed
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.