Fantastic opportunity to join this leading US Studio to plan entertainment channels in the UK. This is a 12 month maternity cover.
You will be responsible for producing compelling monthly schedules taking into account the best possible research and considering local market trends.
* Produces monthly grids that are creative and competitive.
* Responsible for programme inventory management which feeds in to acquisitions and ensures a cost-efficient allocation of resources.
* Responsible for Planning from dedicated channels from start to entry into the Broadcast system (Landmark).
* Works with the Head of Programming to develop the short to long term scheduling strategy.
* Updates the Head of Programming of all short and long term programming needs.
* Develops ideas and concepts for the channel including involvement in developing themes weekends, stunts, strands and seasons, working closely with the Promotions, Marketing and Commercial teams.
* Work with Ad Sales and Marketing to ensure the schedules meet the market requirements.
* Works alongside the Research team to ensure the best possible audience analysis is incorporated into the strategy for content rollout.
* Carries out ratings analysis and analysis of programme viewing.
* Maintains awareness of key competitors by monitoring them and ratings of the channels.
* Ensures planning is within OFCOM and local regulatory guidelines.
* Regularly communicates the scheduling initiatives at Monthly highlights and company meetings, focusing on programming strategy and the UK TV landscape in general.
* Be the point of contact for all queries on the channel from Marketing, On-Air and Operations.
* Produce and deliver all non-linear schedules which includes - catch up and SVOD schedules for multiple platforms, making sure that all quotas are met.
Skills & Experience:
* Previous programme planning/scheduling experience across UK multi-channel television is essential.
* Knowledge and experience of UK Broadcasting (especially US drama), including programming trends, key competitors, and schedule opportunities is highly desirable.
* The ability to use this knowledge creatively and research ways of presenting more exciting television.
* Ability to work effectively on own initiative and communicate clearly and concisely.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
* Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel user and preferably experience of Vision/Landmark.
* A methodical approach and great attention to detail.
* Highly motivated and a good sense of initiative.
* Self-motivated and innovative, particularly when anticipating and solving problems.
* Creative mind set to come up with different approaches or solutions that fit the business.
* An understanding of new rights asks and new technology in the cab/sat environment in the UK an advantage.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.