Handle Recruitment are delighted to be working with one of the UK's leading media entertainments business to find a bright, articulate and result focused Programme & Planning Analyst to join the content team in the West London office.
This role will provide support and daily management of the bespoke content scheduling system. Working alongside the Programming and Planning Manager this role will provide accurate data and analysis supporting the development of forecasting capability and quality of scheduling leading to enhanced business profitability.
The duties included in this role are as follows:
- Update the dashboard providing a circuit wide view of forecast versus actual
performance, facilitating quick appraisals and deep dives into schedules.
- Identify the need for manual adjustments, providing analysis and insights to reduce
- Manage appropriate reporting to allow system to inform dating decisions and group sites based on similar characteristics to enable more nuanced dating.
- Manage systems queries from all areas of the business including Film Content Managers and Sites.
- Work with the external reporting system provider to improve their models and to further optimise performance of the system.
- Ensure the film model is accurate and up to date providing an audit trail of any changes and their impact.
- Integrate external data sources into system's forecasting process e.g. competitor information, 3rd party assessments.
- Support the continual improvement of the company's forecasting capability in order to improve the quality of scheduling.
- Attend Film Content Department meetings providing analysis, insights and evaluation of key data.
- Undertake analysis to understand the impact that content and scheduling have on market share, including assessing the impact that site constraints have on share
- Analyse pre implementation and actual business performance of content oriented promotions providing detailed reports highlighting insights, conclusions and recommendations
- Identify trends in the business that require further analysis to improve understanding of changes ensuring accuracy in budgeting and forecasting of future expectations
- Provide analysis and input into forecast variances highlighted in monthly and weekly KPI reporting
To be considered for this role, we are looking for:
- Significant experience in a planning and analysis role within a multi-site or online retailer or B2C commercial business
- Proven ability in analysing and interpreting large volumes of data facilitating informed and robust business decisions
- Able to demonstrate examples of working cross functionally with other departments to achieve improved performance
- Advanced Excel and extensive knowledge and experience of Access Database (or similar)
- A degree in Statistics, Economics, Science or Business would be advantageous, but not essential
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.