Box Plus is the UK's biggest music video network with an eclectic portfolio of music channels; The Box, Box Upfront, Box Hits, 4Music, Kiss, Magic and Kerrang!, alongside a suite of digital products; Box Plus (website and app) and BeBox (www.beboxmusic.com).
The Programming Director is responsible for the output of content across Box's network of youth focused TV Channels and Digital Platforms. This includes music, programming and scheduling strategies and their implementation, on-screen presentation, record label relations, talent booking, 3rd party content acquisition and commissioning original content from the internal production team. This is a key senior management role within the business, reporting directly to the Managing Director and is ultimately responsible for delivery of the end product to the audience.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee, lead and inspire the music and programming teams to deliver engaging content across the range of music and pop-culture channels
- Work closely with the Production Director and Digital Director to constantly develop the approach to content creation and delivery, adopting emerging and digital techniques to engage and excite audiences across our range of platforms
- Own, deliver and exceed all viewing, rating and engagement targets across broadcast and digital channels
- Commission content from the internal production team, acquire content from 3rd party vendors and source new avenues for cost effective content to distribute across the network
- Drive storytelling across channels and platforms, leveraging technology and talent to make the network work as a network and extending the relationship with the audience across devices, platforms and contexts
- Oversee relations with the record label partners, ensuring that music television and The Box Plus Network is a vital and well regarded source of promotion for their artist talent
Ideally coming from TV, Radio, Music or a large youth brand, the ideal candidate will have an innate and proven ability in understanding youth audiences and music and pop-culture. You will have an extensive network of senior record industry contacts and possess a proven track record in outperforming targets and performance metrics. A key understanding of ratings and metrics for youth TV and digital channels and how to apply creative and content decisions to drive positive impact of these is essential, as is having demonstrable experience in applying new digital technologies to enhance content storytelling for youth media channels.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.