This represents a fantastic opportunity to join this leading UK broadcaster. You will ultimately be responsible for 2 channels - one youth focused and one more skewed to the ABC1 demographic. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
* Assisting the Channel Manager in the day to day running and planning of the 2 schedules and deputising for them where appropriate.
* Providing editorial support to the Channel Manager and offering creative ideas that are suitable for the channels.
* Keeping the genre editorial teams and Programme Acquisitions up-to-date with the latest schedule needs for the short, medium and long-term, in consultation with the Channel Manager.
* Managing the short, medium and long-term schedules, working closely with the Senior Planner.
* Overseeing the Senior Planner to ensure the detail of the respective schedules is accurately maintained (including correct programme numbers, programme titles and slot lengths).
* Taking the schedules to press accurately and on deadline each week, working closely with the Channel Manager and delegating to the Senior Planner when appropriate.
* Co-ordinating Media Planning, Listings, Breaks, Marketing and Commissioning during the week to press cycle and ensuring the editorial and commercial objectives of the channels are supported by these respective teams.
* Working with the Channel Manager to ensure the fine detail of the schedule works and is complimentary with the other channels.
Key Skills and Experience:
* A genuine and demonstrable interest in television, programmes and scheduling.
* Relevant experience in a broadcasting environment, preferably gained in scheduling, presentation or audience research. An understanding of advertising sales would also be helpful.
* An ability to communicate tactfully, effectively and clearly.
* An interest in audience behaviour, especially that of younger viewers as well as an understanding of how programme schedules can affect their viewing.
* Confident enough to represent the channels in delivering sensitive and detailed schedule information to a wide range of people and departments.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills with keen attention to detail.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.