A global retailer are currently looking for a qualified property Accountant (ACA or equivalent) to join them on a 12 month contract to cover a maternity leave.
It is ESSENTIAL that you have a strong working knowledge of IFRS 16 and wider property accounting! Working closely with the Group Financial Accountant the key duties for the role are:
- Controlling all of the postings for properties across the EMEA business
- Producing monthly cost/balance sheet reconciliations that cover the entire EMEA property portfolio
- Liaising with third parties e.g. landlords, County Councils and legal advisers to make sure that property accounting is vigourous
- Own the property related accounting policies
- Business partner the EMEA finance team to plan for change
- Present the interim/year end support for property related costs, prepayments and accruals to the external auditors
- Maintain all lease agreements
- Ensure full readiness and future compliance with IFRS 16
The successful applicant with be an ACA qualified accountant (or equivalent) with a strong working knowledge of IFRS 16. Strong Excel skills are a must and previous experience using Microsoft Dynamics is desirable.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.