Handle are working with a dynamic growing well-known retail brand based in Northamptonshire with the Head office in London. This role will support the Senior Group Financial Accountant to ensure properties across the Group are accounted for correctly.
Working in this forward thinking and cutting-edge business this is a fantastic opportunity to add real value as a key member of the finance and accounting team.
- Posting the monthly property journals
- Analysing the monthly position/costs of each property journals
- Ensuring that property-related accounting policies are applied consistently
- Control all of the postings for properties across the EMEA business
- Produce accurate monthly cost/balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaise with third parties to ensure that property accounting is robust
- Own the property related accounting policies
- Business Partner the EMEA finance team
- Present the interim and year-end support for property related costs, prepayments and accruals to external auditors and work through any resulting queries
- Maintain the collation of all lease agreements and routinely cross-check workings back to source documentation
- Ensure full readiness and future compliance with IFRS 16
- Investigate, propose, implement and own the optimum solution for managing the IFRS 16 challenge moving forward
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- In-depth understanding of property accounting and experience of IFRS 16
- Familiar with group consolidations
- Advanced excel skills and ability to use PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with D365 (Microsoft Dynamics)
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.