Publicist - Comedy (Permanent or FTC)
Are you a Junior Publicist or a Publicist looking to join one of the leading companies in the comedy world? Have you got experience running campaigns across multiple platforms for comedians and looking to take it one step further? Are you looking to join a buzzing, busy, fun working environment in London? Then this is the role for you.
In this role you will be focused on securing coverage of our clients and content to encourage audiences to enjoy what they do!
- Liaising with the media, including developing and maintaining relationships with contacts in print, online, broadcast and utilise this to help benefit our clients and their projects
- Devise publicity campaigns and strategies with key stakeholders using your own creativity and ideas
- Be a main point of contact for talent liaison and relationship management and deliver successful publicity campaigns
- Work on events from media days, press events (including channel events/show launches/screenings)
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Trouble shoot, and help improve systems as well as helping to develop new processes in the department
- Delivering great results time-and-time again across your list of projects; to challenge complacency and 'raise the bar' across all projects you are involved with
- Become part of a team managing issues/crisis management when required; exude calm under pressure and to help work through these moments to a satisfactory conclusion for the client, company and/or external parties
- Be responsive, available, aware and ready to work in a fast moving news led environment; 360° awareness of the campaigns/clients you are working on; if news is breaking or stories are being written it is essential to be across this
- Write engaging and professional copy including (but not exclusively) press releases, presentations and reports
- Utilise your artistic, visual skills including (but not exclusively) photoshoots, press pack design and event design
- Building and developing key external relationships including (but not exclusively) television channels, external promoters, streaming platforms and live venues
- Budget management
- Supporting the clients/company on key activity as directed by the Director of Communications
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then please apply ASAP!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.