Our client, an exciting Arts and Entertainment business, is seeking a Purchase Ledger/Accounts Assistant to join their team.
The role is reporting into the Finance Manager.
The purpose of the role is to carry out effective administration of the purchase ledger and assist the accounts department to achieve the goals of the Company's Finance Department
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the Groups purchase ledger function, including processing of invoices and payment runs.
- Preparing and posting journals for the weekly trading accounts.
- Raising weekly invoices associated with the retail function of the Group (including associated balance sheet reconciliations).
- Assist where necessary with the Groups sales ledger function, including bank reconciliations.
- Provide holiday / sickness cover for the other Accounts Assistants.
- Undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required by the Finance Manager or Financial Controller
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A understanding of the balance sheet reconciliation process
- Fast, very accurate data entry
- Double-entry accounts experience
- MS office software literate (with strong intermediate Excel)
- Experience with 'Sun' accounts package
- Experience with 'Vision' analysis package
- Interest or experience in an arts / entertainment environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills (to integrate with the team, liaise with external contacts and build/enhance positive working relationships)
- A bright, motivated and professional manner
- Hard-working and proactive
- A conscientious approach; accurate and with an eye for detail and presentation
- Logical and methodical, with the ability to follow procedure and guidelines exactly
- Able to use initiative in identifying problems and recommending appropriate solutions
- Well-organised and adaptable; able to plan workload, manage priorities and respond to changing or ad hoc requirements
- Confident working without supervision if required
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.