QA Engineer Tester Testing Web Mobile Cross Platform London Contract £300
Handle are working with a Global Media Company to recruit an experienced QA Engineer.
It is highly desirable for candidates to have had prior experience of testing Video On Demand (VOD) products as both Web and Mobile Applications.
Working within a small agile team, you will work collaboratively with developers that will be responsible for developing the numerous products. You will work within a Delivery environment, who are working toward creating ever more robust and progressive incremental and iterative development practices.
Your role will be to ensure that collaboration between test and dev results in good automation coverage, blended with quality exploratory testing.
This will demand experience having worked in a CD environment, where a team are transitioning from heavy manual checking to automation and exploratory testing. You will help in that transition, supporting the Senior QA Analyst in making that switch within the team. Developers write tests, you bring the pair of eyes that help us decide on the best tests for them to write.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Highly proficient in testing software with an eye for detail.
- Detailed and working knowledge of test processes and methodologies.
- Good understanding of test automation frameworks and tools, such as Cucumber and Selenium.
- Experience of pushing the boundaries on testing to raise quality and improve approach to testing.
- Strong experience of Web based testing.
- Good experience of testing on apps is desirable.
- Understanding of major browsers and browser development tools.
- Working knowledge of major operating systems.
- Ability to create clear, concise and readable manual test scripts both automated and manual.
- Able to ensure cross-browser compliance and awareness of specific cross browser issues.
- Ability to pair with developers to implement Acceptance Tests.
- Take the lead on testing of software delivered to a high quality ensuring that highest coverage is maintained.
- Work embedded within an Agile, Test-Driven and Behaviour-Driven development environment.
- Use a variety of test approaches to test solutions.
- Champion quality of our products.
- Advise developers and others in the team on what to test including edge cases.
- Push the boundaries on test automation, exploratory testing and best practice in the team.
- Help Devs/BAs create acceptance criteria by analysing features and requirements, and using tool and frameworks which support this, e.g. Cucumber.
- Technically converse with developers displaying a basic programming and web architecture knowledge.
- Collaborate with the team and other stakeholders to achieve successful delivery of high quality software products.
- Participate in the design of the feature early in the development cycle, influencing it to drive quality and adherence to the specification.
- Analyse quality and continually assess risk to ensure that high quality solutions are delivered.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.