Qualified Finance Manager - Global Retail - London
My client, a world renowned retail brand are looking for their next key player within finance, a qualified finance manager. This Finance Manager is responsible for providing commercial insight, in-depth financial analysis and decision support for the UK and EU functions.
This role is perfect for a candidate with business partnering or financial analysis experience looking to take their next big career step. The company are growing massively and at pace, so they are looking for someone who wants to be hands on and lead from the front, being involved in important business decisions and driving the growth within the region.
- Provide financial support to the General Manager and wider teams such as Marketing, Demand Planner and Digital.
- Proactive analysis and scrutinization of the company's Retail and Nets sales to ensure high accuracy of forecasts
- Working alongside the Demand planner to establish and understand the retailer inventory through stock equations to influence commercial plans
- Participation in sales forecasting through consensus between finance, demand planning and marketing team
- Manage cost control and conduct monthly budget meetings with departmental managers for UK P&L
- Monitor and analyse monthly operating results against the latest Forecast and Budget. Scrutinise results and deviations of spend against plan.
- Identify and perform ROI analysis on various marketing investments
- Introduce and instil ringfence initiatives across various budgets to ensure budget EBITDA delivery
- Work closely with business stakeholders to assist in quarterly forecasting process, yearly budget and long-range plans
- Assists all functions with seasonalisation of Budget/Trends forecasts
- Responsible for maintaining the daily flow of financial information to achieve a timely and efficient month end and year end close process for UK and Europe
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of income statements, balance sheets & other financial reports
- Partner with Global Finance team on inter company transactions
- Manage the preparation of all UK/EU business financial reports, including functional reporting for local leadership
- Responsible for preparation of various month end and related decks
- Identify, manage and track risks and opportunities across the UK/EU business for weekly reporting
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA is essential
- A background within Retail/FMCG/Beauty is highly desirable
- Experience with business partnering and/or financial analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- A confident business partner and advocate
- IT literate with strong MS Excel Skills
- An enthusiastic, can do approach and self-motivated
- Ability to work in fast paced environments, prioritising work load
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.