FP&A Analyst - Film & TV
Global Film & TV business are looking for a qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA FP&A Analyst with 1 to 2 years PQE. The role is an essential part of the Finance team and will play a key business partner role to the London Team, to effectively translate and communicate the Studio's financial performance, to influence them to enable enhanced business performance and stronger profitability.
The role requires somebody who will bring energy and passion to this dynamic, diverse and highly creative company. They will be part of the commercial and FP&A team whilst also working closely with the financial control team
Actual financial performance:
- Prepare weekly and monthly insightful analysis and commentary on the actual financial performance of the studio.
- Prepare variance and trend analysis to help the management teams improve their financial performance.
- Investigate, analyse & interpret project/sales data and present pipeline/revenue forecast to Head of Departments and Management. Analyse & interpret final monthly revenue & expense data to Gross Margin level and identify trends & develop analytical reports
- Support with ad hoc financial analysis to support key business decisions.
- Understand the key drivers of business performance and assist in communicating the results to executive team during monthly review meetings
- Prepare accurate and realistic monthly re-forecasts, working closely with Commercial Managers and London Financial Controller.
- Identify and quantify short and medium term risks and opportunities.
Budgets and long-term plans:
- Key role in preparing and submitting to group requested Budgets driving a full P&L forecast for the studio.
- Work alongside the business and commercial manager in deriving and validating key assumptions for the budgets and their impact
- Identify key performance drivers and integrate these into the financial reporting.
- Proactively identify and pursue actionable opportunities to improve processes
- ACA / ACMA qualified or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills: you are data and number hungry and like to understand performance based on financial and non-financial metrics.
- Experience in analysis and dealing with or designing business models
- Experience in a Multinational organisation, dealing with multiple business lines.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- A commercial mind, with strong analytical skills
- Proven FP&A experience
- Very strong Excel skills; knowledge of SAP BW and Magnitude would be an advantage.
- Some experience of business partnering and commercial acumen, communicating financial performance to management
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.