Handle are pleased to be working with an amazing start up film studio to source an enthusiastic, experienced Receptionist.
We are looking for a confident, calm and friendly receptionist to be the face the studio. Operating a busy front of house, you'll be used to the demands of ever-changing client needs, unphased by high profile talent and able to maintain calm under pressure.
You'll be used to solving issues, working flexibly and escalating issues as and when they arise. You're a doer and like to get stuck in, whether helping a client navigate a parking issue, doing a supply order or supporting our internal team with any administrative or event based tasks. The ideal candidate is fluid, flexible and adaptable! As this role is predominantly client facing, you will be an important representative of the studio and must have a passion for the provision of excellent client service.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Operating a busy switchboard, screening and transferring calls.
- Managing the studios general enquiries account and redirect to the appropriate person.
- Greeting clients upon first arrival to studios, ensuring customer service experience remains proficient and professional.
- Ensuring all clients adhere to signing in procedures, and that the required security and ID passes are issued, including monitoring of access control systems Net2.
- Ensuring the correct levels of access passes are provided for visitors, staff members and contractors, including owning communication between security.
- Supporting the Client Services Manager with operating a busy day to day car park.
- Updating the Studio-Day sheet to correspond with the studio bookings calendar, reporting any conflicts or daily issues that might occur for individual sessions.
- Managing all incoming and outgoing post, including distribution of company mail.
- Ordering office supplies; hardware, software, stationary.
- Supporting the Facilities Manager with; maintaining the services & contractors diary for repeat and annual services, maintaining the incident report book and communicating company wide Health and Safety policies.
- Maintaining the incident report book, liaising with the Facilities Manager to record any accidents or issues.
- Supporting the facilities manager communicating company-wide Health & Safety policies, ensuring that all communication is streamlined and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Providing the internal company monthly newsletter update.
- Owning responsibility for the campus maintenance communication log, ensuring all faults reported to reception are logged and communicated to the relevant people.
- Diary management; ensuring all appointments parking slots and arrival times are registered and updated on the studio day sheet.
- Supporting senior management with administrative duties when required (scheduling meetings, preparing meeting rooms, data & research administration, coordinating any required travel etc.)
- Assisting in the setup of specialist or social events (company Christmas parties, company events etc.)
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role in a creative industry
- Excellent communication
- Proficient written and spoken English skills
- An Ability to work flexibly as required by the studios
- Brilliant customer service skills
- Excellent IT skills (word, excel etc.)
If your experience matches the requirements above and you're interested in finding out more about this exciting receptionist opportunity, please apply now! Email email@example.com with a CV to apply!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.