Calling all immediately available Receptionist & Office Assistant! We are currently working on a fantastic opportunity to work with our client - a Global leader within Media and Entertainment! We are seeking reliable, well presented, and experienced candidates who will be responsible for the day to day running of the office and first point of contact for the company.
- Day to day management of the reception desk, including greeting guests on arrival, signing in visitors, answering telephones, screening and directing calls as appropriate.
- Managing daily post, recorded/special deliveries, organising couriers and topping up and general maintenance of franking machine.
- Responding to requests for tea and coffee for external meetings and ordering lunches.
- Managing all office related queries from staff or guests including weekly car parking allocation, taxis, maintenance and call out services.
- Managing and ordering all office facilities supplies: kitchen stock, stationery, cleaning, milk/newspapers, cleaning stock.
- Maintaining the presentation of the office to a high standard
- Liaising with Building Management and keeping a log of reported faults
- Managing requests relating to the external archive
- Updating key contacts: internal telephone list, external suppliers
- Assisting with Health & Safety duties; daily check of fire exits, monthly check of first aid boxes and ordering stock when required, monthly fire extinguisher check, monthly tap checks and fire warden responsibilities
- Assisting with management of office cleaning team, including daily morning workarounds to assess the cleaning standards and liaising with the cleaning supervisor to resolve issues.
- Completing morning and end of day checks (daily) to ensure security of the office and keeping log of reported issues.
- Checking invoices and raising purchase orders for supplier payments
- Liaising with contractors and the office Facilities Team regarding office maintenance
- Responsibility for managing all charity requests received to head office
- Training/inducting temporary reception staff including updating tools such as reception manual
- Carrying out filing, faxing, photocopying, typing and a variety of other administrative duties as required
- Providing administrative support to the Head Office Operations team as required
- Providing cover for the Communications Team when required
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- Strong written and face to face communication skills
- General administrative experience preferred
- IT skills to include Word, Outlook and Excel
Key Skills and Behaviours
- As the face of the company and the first point of contact for anyone arriving at the Head Office a professional, polite, friendly and helpful presence is essential to this role.
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to deal appropriately with people at all levels
- The ability to communicate clearly with relevant information
- Good at building relationships and able to work with people from all areas of the business
- An excellent team player, ready to get stuck in
- Thee ability to maintain composure when handling challenging situations
- The ability to find the right information to deal with queries
- The ability to understand and clearly communicate messages and information given to the relevant person
- The ability to work proactively and a willingness to go beyond the call of duty
- Actively working out the best way to get something done and deliver the small things that make a huge difference
- Actively engaged to deliver and strive to overcome barriers and hurdles
- Proactive and able to prioritise effectively
This is an ongoing temporary position, due to start ASAP. The duration of the booking will be for a minimum of 2-4 weeks with possibility of extension.
If you are interested in this opportunity and keen to find out more, please do not hesitate and apply today!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.