Registrar - Museums & Galleries
Salary Negotiable DOE
Handle recruitment is working with a contemporary Gallery to source a Registrar.
Reporting to the Head of Collection, this role requires handling all aspects of shipping, logistics and storage of the collection.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Collection and Exhibition Coordinators to confirm shipping lists and transportation requirements
- Organising all aspects of shipping artworks in the UK and internationally: liaising with studios, auctions houses, galleries and 3rd party shippers to compile shipping options
- Requesting release information including packing details, condition reports and insurance values
- Inputting on and agreeing shipping strategy with Collections team
- Obtaining estimates from and negotiating with shippers on estimates to ensure cost effective solutions
- Working with the Collections database purchase order system
- Managing and updating the database archive on movements of all artworks to ensure it is accurate and up to date
- Liaising with studio and stock management staff on receipt and storage of artworks
- Preparing shipping and release paperwork
- Demonstrating understanding of artwork insurance for shipping and adhere to company insurance policies
- Assisting with the annual collection audit
- Annual update of artwork insurance values
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a registrar role including excellent understanding of international shipping and customs procedures
- Extremely competent administration skills with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of working on their own on projects and being able to present the results in a clear and concise fashion to management
- Good basic numeracy skills and have had exposure to costing and budgeting
- Discretion and ability to liaise with a range of third parties essential
- A broad range of IT skills including database and web use
- An advanced level in Excel and be competent using Excel as an analytical tool
Immediate interview for successful candidates, please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.