A digital, innovative PR communications business are looking for a Revenue and WIP Accountant to join their busy finance team. This role will report into the Finance Manager and will be responsible for your own clients' billing, WIP and Intercompany. This is a fantastic time to join a business which is part of a very large advertising group.
- Understand and monitor the balances of Accrued and Deferred Revenue and WIP. Proactively reduce these balances and escalate issues to the Finance Manager
- Fortnightly meetings with Account Directors and Project Managers to review their project financials
- Revenue Recognition - finalise revenue for the month and lock-in forecast. Report to FM/FD on forecasts against targets
- Ensure accuracy of Accrued Revenue calculation in line with time reports
- Regular reconciliation of jobs for Account Teams
- WIP analysis including reconciliations for Auditors ensuring all projects are closed within 90 days of project completion
- Ensure all jobs have budget trackers and fee calculators in place (assist in setting up)
- Manage outstanding PO's and ensure resolution and hold back revenue if required
- System Maintenance - new client set up, job creation, time and expense transfers
- Support credit control queries
- Degree educated or AAT qualified
- Excellent Excel skills (pivot tables, V-Lookups, SUMIFS)
- SAP experience is preferable but not essential
- 1-2 years' experience in an Accounts Assistant level role within a similar media environment would be a bonus
This is a great opportunity to join an agency which is part of a very large advertising group. If you can demonstrate your abilities and be successful in this role, you will be rewarded with study support and career progression within the group long term.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.