Revenue Manager - Creative Design - London
A Revenue Manager role has opened up with a leading design agency based in Central London. This Revenue Manager role is responsible for managing the financial information of client projects, including onboarding new clients and acting as first point of contact for the business.
This is a great opportunity to join a prestigious company during a time of growth, which offers a cool working environment, a hands on team and the chance to thrive.
- Provide quotations for new bids, and ongoing and new projects for existing clients
- Oversee projects from inception to completion including planning staff requirements, tracking project timings and deliverable and identifying over/ or under runs and addressing appropriately
- Prepare and finalise new client contracts, ensuring terms are adhered to through the life of each assignment or project
- Business partnering with client teams to develop processes and understanding of commercial and financial requirements
- Ensuring the full recording of all revenue and client costs for all projects. You will process billing and collects debts with the support of a bookkeeper
- Liaising with management and the financial team to provide effective and timely planning of future revenue streams to feed into the new business pipeline, which you will manage
- Prepare and publish time tracking, and liaise with and contribute to the finance team who will prepare client profitability reporting
- Support finance processes to provide accurate revenue recognition and costs management
- Liaising with the Financial Controller as required to manage forex risk
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Proven track record of working closely with clients
- Accountancy related qualification is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate
- Discreet office manners
- A team player
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.