We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Acquisitions Executive to support this Global TV Network with acquiring TV content, clearing programme rights and generally facilitating the smooth running of the department. You will be passionate and have experience of working within TV across all genres - ideally within Acquisitions for a minimum of 6 months.
Please get in touch today if the below appeals and applies to your experience
- Constantly looking for new project ideas - this will include research across all genres via online, press, media.
- Creation of deal memos, ensuring that all commercially agreed terms are correctly captured, and acting as key liaison to distributors for all paperwork through to signature.
- Work with artists in all content genres, from Comedy, Music, Fitness, Documentaries, Family Entertainment through to live shows
- Checking entertainment websites/ reviews to find out about new upcoming shows and provide weekly updates on emerging new talent.
- Oversees licence fee payments to a wide variety of third party distributors, ranging from major US studios to foreign independent distributors. Set up new vendors. Proactively resolves any invoice discrepancies.
- Ensures swift delivery of broadcast material at the point of deal closure.
- Delivers administration (including and not limited to deal memos, licensing agreements, invoices etc.) and materials within agreed timeframes.
- Ad hoc projects as directed by the Acquisitions Director or Acquisitions Manager (ie conducts research into scripted / non-scripted / movie content; license fee analysis and summaries; administrative tasks, etc.)
The successful candidate will ideally have worked within a TV environment. Confidence, self-motivation and excellent communication and excel skills are essential qualities. The ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative is fundamental.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.