Handle Recruitment are working alongside an internationally successful entertainment company and are looking for two Royalty Assistants to join their team. This is a very exciting time to join the company as they are rapidly growing, they are looking for candidates who are proactive and excited about joining the media industry. This role is a temporary position initially which could go permanent based on performance.
You will be sat amongst the finance team whilst working closely alongside the licensing royalties and invoicing team. This role require a mixture of finance and royalties experience; ideally you have a strong understanding of licensing royalties and experience doing royalty calculations, supported by excellent numerical and analytical skills. You will be liaising with teams in other offices across the Globe, so it is necessary that you have strong communication skills and can confidently interact with different teams and departments.
Your key responsibilities:
- Processing a large volume of Royalty statements received from licensees in a timely manner ensuring accurate invoices are issued to licensees in line with contractual terms
- Liaising with licensees to ensure Royalty statements are received using Mattel's internal template, on time and in line with contractual terms
- Production of Advance and scheduled invoicing
- Liaising with licensees regarding invoice queries and working with Credit Control team to correct any invoicing errors to ensure payments are received
- Following up with licensees regarding overdue payments minimising the cash collection cycle and managing the company's bad debt exposure
- Working with Finance and Commercial Sales Teams to ensure contracts are set up accurately on Mattel's internal Rights Management System
- Providing Royalty data to various departments throughout the business as and when required
Within this position you will be liaising with other regions across the global, Spanish or Asian language skills will be highly advantageous. You will need to have a high attention to detail and the ability to pick things up quickly, as well as excellent excel skills. As this is a short term role initially you will need to be able to start on short notice, ideally immediately. If you think you have the suitable skills for the role please get in touch today!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.