Our client, an independent worldwide publisher, is seeking a Royalties Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis.
They are seeking someone with a strong Excel capability, good communication skills and experience of royalties within the publishing industry.
You will be responsible for ensuring that royalties are paid accurately and on time, queries are dealt with professionally and that both editorial and management are provided with high quality analysis of royalty data and trends to assist in decision making.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Set up supplier details on accounting system
- Monthly review and clearing of items from exception reports
- Provision of monthly reports and analysis to editorial and management teams [e.g. on royalties variances/unearned balances/missing contracts, etc.]
- Co-ordination with UK/US counterpart on intercompany royalty accounting to ensure full royalty coverage
- Process adjustments for intercompany sales and royalties
- Monthly preparation of royalty and sales data from digital academic platforms and other channels
- Active participation in all aspects of half-yearly royalty runs to ensure payments to authors are accurate and made on time
- Deal with and resolve royalty queries from authors and editors in a professional and timely manner
- Assist with integration of new acquisitions into the royalty system
- Ad-hoc tasks as and when required
The ideal candidate will posses:
- Royalties experience, ideally in publishing
- Strong Excel skills - pivots, v-look-ups, etc.
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to work at speed and accurately
- Good communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Familiarity with royalty and accounting systems
- Experience of data processing using Microsoft Access/Excel
- Understanding of double entry book-keeping and general accounting desirable
Apply NOW to avoid disappointment!!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.