A global Music and Entertainment Publishing Company is looking for a Royalties Assistant to join their expanding international Music Publishing division based in South West London.
The role, reporting into the Head of Royalties, is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive team player to work with the team to help co-ordinate this very busy department in the collection, processing and accounting of music publishing royalties on a monthly or quarterly basis to clients.
The main responsibility of the position will be to ensure that royalty statements and financial reports from music societies and other third party income source, are accurately tracked, analysed, prepared and processed. This also involves a matching and validating process. In order to arrange for this you will have to keep track of society statements and ensure that revenues are received accordingly.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collecting and checking royalty files received from Societies.
- Uploading and processing royalty statements in the Counterpoint Music Maestro database
- Administering and filing the society royalty statements.
- Performing various monthly quality checks on royalty statements/ income matching/ etc.
- Generating specific royalty reports upon request.
- Building and maintain the relationships with societies on royalty matters.
- Gaining and enhancing in-depth knowledge of the royalty calculations
- Ad-hoc reporting, as requested by Head of Royalties
- In order for a candidate to be successful at least 6 months of previous experience working in a royalties function is absolutely necessary, ideally within a music publishing setting.
- Good Excel skills are also desirable, as well as experience with Music Maestro/CounterPoint.
- You must be an organised and detail-orientated individual, with the flexibility to multi-task and complete tasks to strict deadlines.
- Your excellent communications skills and passion for the industry will ensure that all of your tasks are carried out to the best of your ability - so if you are eager to further develop your career in Music, get in touch today!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.