Royalties Finance Analyst needed for a market leading global brand. This is an interim position until the end of the year, where the successful candidate will manage the delivery of the royalty accounting and reporting obligations for the group.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Royalties Accountant, to work for an instantly recognisable, blue-chip business.
Key responsibilities include -
- Manage the royalty processing for music sales, via Record Maestro, for the group across physical, digital and sub-licensing sales
- Responsible for month-end reporting across the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow for the music group; effectively communicating results to both financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Work with outsourced finance support team to manage month-end activities
- Ensure compliance with contractual accounting and reporting obligations with rights holders (artists, music labels, contributors, producers, music collection societies and all net participants)
- Ensure adherence to the team's processes and controls and implement process improvements and efficiencies
- Monitor performance using appropriate tools e.g. KPIs, and ensure targets are met and ensure targets are met and where possible exceeded
- Experience of royalty accounting and of Record Maestro or of similar royalty processing systems
- Experience of manually preparing complex royalty statements
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) and part-qualified accountant (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience in understanding the complexities of royalty accounting
- Working with an outsourced business process provider
- Proven track record of process improvement
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.