Handle Recruitment are teaming with a leading Media business in London to find a Royalties Accountant to join their growing team. This is initially a six month contract role with primary responsibility of preparing and managing the royalty process for the business' commercial activity, which includes income streams such as Format Sales, Finished Tape Sales, Digital Inventory Sales, Brand Licensing, Music & Secondary rights and Sponsorship royalties from distribution.
- Preparation and management of all royalty income and costs in a timely manner to meet group deadlines.
- Prepare timely and accurate royalty calculations and statements for any broadcaster, talent and other 3rd party pay aways on revenue streams such as: Format Sales, Tape Sales, Brand Licensing, Music and Sponsorship.
- Liaise with the legal department on contracts to determine deal terms
- Set up and maintain a comprehensive master database of agreements, due dates, interested party information, revenue shares, past and incoming royalties.
- Clear the remaining back log of historic royalties across income categories
- Provide information on timing of expected pay outs for inclusion in group cash flow forecast
- Communicate to payees the status of their sales invoices and dealing with subsequent queries
- Adhoc Royalty analysis
- In the future assist with project to automate / improve royalties process
- Be confident, pro-active and have the ability to work well as a team and to use their initiative when working by themselves
- Have at least 3 years' experience in preparation of royalties or a similar role. Royalty accounts experience in media would be an advantage
- Have a proven track record of dealing with high volume royalties
- Have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Be able to communicate financial information to non-finance persons.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.