Our client, an exciting and growing Arts and Entertainment business, is seeking a Royalties Accountant to join their team.
The role is reporting into the VP of Finance.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with global partners to ensure that royalties are received on a timely basis and maintaining credit control schedule ensuring all advances, fees and profit shares along with royalties are invoiced and received on time.
- Review inbound royalty reporting for accuracy prior to entry onto royalty system to ensure reflects underlying contracts and review against budget understanding any variances.
- Ensuring that all revenue is recorded accurately in the royalty system.
- Liaising with production business analyst to ensure that all revenue is captured correctly
- Liaising with production business analyst in order to ensure that all royalties payouts are accurate and on a timely basis.
- Creation of bi monthly first class royalty payouts.
- Being point of contact for questions from royalty participants and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Approve VAT only invoices as processed through purchase invoice system.
- Create journals for any royalty accruals at month end for income received and not yet paid out.
- Working with the Production Business Analyst with regard to commentary on management accounts with regards to key variances
- Assist in the production and understand the annual budget for royalties as created by the production analyst.
- Provide back-up cover for purchase ledger processing
- Maintaining up to date process notes for royalty system and any ongoing productions regarding royalty payments.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will posses:
- Relevant education to graduate level or equivalent.
- Experience of royalty accounting
- Excel proficient - v look ups, pivot tables
- Interest or previous experience in an arts entertainment environment.
- Knowledge of Sun accounting system
- Knowledge of Onbase system (royalty system)
- Methodical, systematic and organised;
- Logical and organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to prioritise tasks with good time management
- A team player with a practice, pro-active and positive attitude to work
- A problem solver
- Ability and willingness to adapt style to manage relationships and varied workflow.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships; listens and communicates clearly, concisely, confidently and constructively to ensure mutual understanding.
- A mature and professional manner when dealing with staff, peers and management, especially when under pressure; establishes and maintains credibility.
Apply NOW to avoid disappointment!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.