Our client, an exciting and growing Arts and Entertainment business, is seeking a Sales Ledger Assistant to join their team.
The role is reporting into the Sales Ledger Controller.
Your main purpose is to assist the Sales Ledger Controller by ensuring invoices are produced and payments made within agreed timescales and process and control ticketing revenues.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To raise and process invoices within timescales agreed with the Sales Ledger Controller.
- To ensure unallocated cash is kept to a minimum.
- To maintain a record of all cheques received.
- To perform all aspects of the sales ledger administration procedure.
- To speak with customers regarding overdue invoices constructively by telephone or email within agreed timescales, ensuring issues are discussed with internal departments and the Sales Ledger Controller.
- To investigate anomalies or queries relating to invoices by liaising with Finance colleagues and other internal departments, as instructed by the Sales Ledger Controller.
- To escalate expected non-payments of overdue debts to the Sales Ledger Controller as appropriate.
- To produce monthly/weekly sales ledger statements and reports for the Sales Ledger Controller's review.
- To perform weekly bank reconciliations as required.
- To process and control the ticketing daily cash returns, ticketing advance sales and ticketing revenue transactions.
- Review and audit the set-up of shows and offers within the ticketing system.
- Cash float audits.
- To provide assistance to the purchase ledger clerks during busy periods including statement reconciliations, payment runs and the processing of invoices.
- To provide holiday / sickness cover as required.
The ideal candidate will posses:
- Previous experience in an accounting team.
- Interest or previous experience in the arts entertainment and/or ticketing industries.
- Experience of the SUN accounting software
- Advanced user of MS Excel.
- A solid understanding of credit control processes.
- Experience using accounting software for sales ledger.
- The ability to resolve customer and account queries in a professional and efficient manner.
- The ability to seek payment for debts in a confident and constructive manner.
- The ability to solve problems quickly and calmly.
- The ability to build positive working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Excellent organisation and administration skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent numerical and accuracy skills with a keen eye for detail.
Apply NOW to avoid disappointment.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.