Sales Team Administrator - Art
handle Recruitment is working with a contemporary Art gallery group to source an Sales Team Administrator & Coordinator to join their team based in London.
The Sales Team Administrator & Coordinator will act as the administrative focal point for the sales team and act as the sales representative for all other gallery departments, as well as assisting in running the day to day routines of a wider international sales team. The role also provides support to several Sales Directors with their sales administration tasks and will occasionally assist with the Sales Directors' artists' administration where applicable.
Reporting to The Director of Sales and Performance, key responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining administrative systems to facilitate the smooth running of the department and assisting the DSP in running team-wide projects to support artist and client analysis and development
- Acting as the main point of contact for company-wide communication for the sales team and field external sales related enquiries
- Maintaining Gallery database (Art Logic), sales records and online sales platforms
- Keeping online document and gallery database updated with sales and reserves information
- Ensuring the exhibition and viewing room artwork pricelists are accurate and up to date
- Liaising with the Director of Sales and Performance to oversee the delivery of weekly and quarterly sales meetings
- Assisting with the preparation of staff rotas for Art Fairs, Saturday staffing and general enquiries
- Compiling and circulating auction spreadsheets for gallery artists at forthcoming auctions
- Liaising with tech and registrar teams on progress with fabrication and shipment pre and post-sale
- Drafting occasional formal client correspondence for artwork proposals as required
- Assisting with the delivery of sales contracts for artwork commissions and special projects
- Conducting market research for gallery artists (research auction history, provenance etc)
- Cover for Directors PA in their absence for sales related requests
The ideal candidate will have proven administrative experience in a comparative environment, a forensic attention to detail and the ability to interact with people of all levels. Immediate interview for successful candidates, please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.