Security Consultant Contract London
Handle is working with a Global Entertainment and facilities company to recruit a Security Operations Specialist on a contract basis. The role is wide-ranging and hands-on.
We are looking for someone who will;-
- Be expected to review and understand the clients legal, regulatory and group compliance requirements to help influence scoping of the project.
- Participate along with the Information Security team in the group Managed Detection and Response Steering Group.
- Work with the Business Systems, Networks and Development teams to conduct a review of current maturity and capabilities.
- Document the use cases required to meet the compliance needs of the company, as well as business-specific measures to protect our assets effectively against relevant threats.
- Determine where security logs exist, highlight any gaps in coverage and calculate potential volumes for capacity and procurement activities.
- Design and implement the controls needed to satisfy PCI: DSS compliance requirements 10.6, 12.10, 12.5.2, 12.10.3 and 12.10.5.
- Propose any solutions and managed services needed to achieve the goal of automated log collection, formatting, analysis and incident response.
- Document the operational run books needed to structure and standardise our response to these incidents.
- Advise the IS Risk Manager with any updates required to information security policies and standards.
- Transition the new capability into a live state.
- Produce metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of the new capability.
- Have previously led the design and implementation of protective technologies as part of security or network operations centre.
- Practical experience in using SIEM (Security Information Event Monitoring) and log management tools as part of a detection and response capability.
- A working understanding of security incident response processes.
- Have an in-depth understanding of technical infrastructure, networking and protective technologies.
- Be able to document design and processes to a high level of quality
- Use your own initiative, work with minimum supervision, organise your time effectively and deliver to agreed timescales.
- Have up to date product knowledge of the cloud-based versions of protective technologies.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.