Senior Financial Accountant needed for an instantly recognisable e-commerce travel business!
In this position, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting functions, including month end close, VAT accounting, and balance sheet reconciliations for the EMEA regions of the business.
This is fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to work in a market leading, blue chip organisation with a fantastic working culture.
Key responsibilities include -
- Take ownership of the month end close processes for the commercial and corporate operations
- Preparing and processing recurring journals for EMEA entities whilst identifying and processing non-recurring journals
- Provide support for SOX compliance and company policies
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Process monthly VAT payments
- Seek to add continuous process improvement
- Assist with ad-hoc project work such as reconciliation issues, system implementations and streamlining reporting
Candidate requirements -
- Qualified Accountant - either ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Experience in a similar financial accounting role position working with EMEA entities
- Excellent communication skills - both written and spoken
- Be a self-starter who can identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities
- Any additional languages are a plus
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.