Senior Android Developer - Broadcast / VOD
Handle is working with a Global TV network to help them find a Senior Android Developer. In this initial 6 months contract your role will focus on the creation of new world-class Sports VoD and streaming platform. This is an exciting brand new project under a brand that will be used by millions world-wide.
Software Design & Implementation of mobile Apps.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming mobile applications for Android devices, both phones and tablets
- Creative thinking & abstract, technical problem solving
- Participation in software design, estimation of development tasks, testing, QA process, pair programming,
- troubleshooting & code debugging
- Two years minimum Android development, including Android SDK, Java and Android Studio
- Comfortable dealing with API's and utilising REST / JSON interfaces
- Knowledge of development methodologies & processes ( Agile / Waterfall etc )
- Knowledge & appreciation of UX processes
- Passionate & has an appreciation of Design
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Git and version control
- Playstore procedures
- UX / IA experience
- Experience with server side software development technologies, e.g. C/C++, Java,
- Experience VoD and streaming projects will be highly advantageous.
- TDD exposure
If you feel the above role matches your skill set and interest please submit your CV through.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.