Senior Android Developer - Contract, London.
Handle are currently working with a Global TV Broadcasting Brand. This is a high level project with the aim of bringing the Development team in-house. Part of this Global Project includes building out a new mobile team of Android & IOS Developers.
We are therefore looking for a Senior Android Developer. In this initial 6 months contract your role will focus on the creation of new world class features as well as on-going maintenance of a suite of apps for a very high profile cross-platform broadcast media client. You will also be involved in some new and exciting Android mobile projects which are related to Apple TV.
- Software Design & Implementation of Android Apps.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming mobile applications for Android devices, both phones and tablets
- Creative thinking & abstract, technical problem solving
- Participation in software design, estimation of development tasks, testing, QA process, pair programming.
- Troubleshooting & code debugging
- Android SDK, Java and Android Studio
- Comfortable dealing with API's and utilising REST / JSON interfaces
- Knowledge of development methodologies & processes (Agile/Waterfall)
- Knowledge & appreciation of UX processes
- Passionate & has an appreciation of Design
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Git and version control
- Playstore procedures
- UX / IA experience
- Experience with server side software development technologies, e.g. C/C++, Java,
- Experience VoD and streaming projects will be largely advantegous
If you're interested in this contract role, do get in touch with Kathryn.Thorpe@handle.co.uk ASAP as we will be looking for candidates to start immediately. Direct Contact Line 02075699981.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.