Our client, a leading, international entertainment and media company, is currently seeking a Compliance Advisor to join the TV Commissioning Team.
In an extremely hybrid role you will manage the relationship between production, acquisitions and channel teams to provide them with an In-depth knowledge of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code were you will have the ability to quickly grasp and work within local editorial policies and guidelines.
- To be a first line support and source of compliance expertise across all production/commissioning output including live programming.
- To ensure appropriate internal processes and checks are in place at all times.
- To access compliance information submitted by suppliers; to sign off programmes as compliant in their schedule context and to ensure that appropriate guidance on announcements and text labels have been specified.
- To be a source of expertise on the OFCOM Broadcasting Code and Editorial Guidelines, and offer timely advice to staff across all teams
- To advise on legal issues relating to commissioned programmes.
- To attend recordings and live broadcasts out of office hours and provide immediate compliance advice.
- To assist in leading, managing, motivating and developing the Compliance Executive - Commissions, and create the environment for them to do their best work.
- To view contentious material and liaise with key stakeholders.
- To establish and maintain a referral system for all compliance matters relating to commissions within the channel team structure.
- To devise and manage a crisis management process, ensuring prompt response to and management of editorial issues.
- To devise and manage a clear audit trail for all compliance decisions made.
- To review compliance processes regularly across all channels and genres to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- To act as the day to day point of contact on compliance matters with Editorial Policy.
Much more information will be made available upon request by suitable candidates.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.