Handle are currently working with a global entertainment business assisting them with their search for a Group Financial Controller.
Reporting into the Finance Director and responsible for a team of 10 the duties for the role include:
- Ensuring all financial & management accounting is completed on time and supported by relevant analysis
- Making sure all significant transactions have been reviewed and had the correct accounting treatment
- Managing the UK stats/tax filings & audit process
- Maintaining a strong controls environment & continually looking to improve processes
- Ensuring that the finance team is adequately resourced
- Coach & mentor team members setting them goals which lead to their development
- Maintaining strong relationships with internal departments (Legal, FP&A, Tax etc.)
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CA or equivalent) ideally from a practice background before then moving into a reporting focused role within a multinational business. Experience within the media sector and with the financial system SAP are preferable but not essential.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.